INVITATION TO 2nd International Scientific-Practical Conference "Good Governance at Local Self-Government: Democracy, Decentralization, Development" Dedicated to 10 Year Anniversary of Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Social Scien
The aim of the conference – to bring together researchers and experts from different fields (Public Administration, Political Science, Law, Economics, Management, etc.) to share scientific and practical experiences in the field of Good governance at local self-government, by promoting development of local democracy and civil society, implementation of principals of decentralisation and subsidiarity at local self-government, by formulating and developing open, result-oriented and empowering local self- government. During the conference Good governance in local self-government questions will be discussed, which are relevant in the period of Lithuania’s Presidency of the Council of the EU.
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics:
· Democracy, public trust, citizens participation and engagement
· Sustainable development, innovations and partnership
· National reforms and socioeconomical transformations of regions
· (De)centralisation, subsidiarity and multi-level governance
· Leadership and competencies in local self-government
· Transparency, openness and ethics
· Legal aspects of Good governance
The languages of the conference are English and Lithuanian
· June 25th, 2013:Application with the paper abstract. The paper abstract has to be sent by filling the application form online.
The abstract should not exceed 2000 characters including spaces. Authors will be informed about the selection results via e - mails until July 8, 2013.
· September 3rd, 2013: Full paper submission and registration to the conference. Papers should be prepared in English and submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org . Registration to the conference is available online.
· October 3rd, 2013: Payment of participation fee:
· Payment for conference participant with presentation – 120 Lt (35 EUR). Fee covers conference papers publication, coffee breaks and lunch. The price of conference banquet, held on October 18th evening, for conference participants is 35
Lt (10 EUR). If you would like to participate in conference banquet, please, transfer the banquet fee together with conference fee.
· The participation without presentation is free of charge. The price of lunch during the conference for participant without presentation is 25 Lt (7 EUR). The price of conference banquet, held on October 18th evening, for conference participants is 35 Lt (10 EUR). If you prefer to order the lunch and/or participate in conference banquet, please, transfer the lunch and/or banquet feesuntil October 3rd, 2013.
*Notice: The conference registration fee is not refundable or transferable.
Application with the paper abstract, Registration to the Conference, more information on http://www.su.lt/smf/governance-en
Conference Secretariat Office
Šiauliai University, Faculty of Social Sciences
Department of Public Administration Architektų str. 1, 78366 Šiauliai, Lithuania e-mail: email@example.com
Contact persons: The Head of Organizing Committee lect. Jurgita Mikolaityte +37060586069
The Head of Scientific Committee prof. dr. Diana Saparniene +37068246551
October, 18-19, 2013 Siauliai University, Vytauto str. 84, Siauliai, Lithuania